Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Looking For Blog Sites?

Blogs are all the rage these days, so I figured why not share with everyone a list of popular blog sites. Mostly everyone knows about Google's Blogger and Wordpress, but there are so many other blog sites to choose from that people just have never heard of. So, here they are; the web's best free blog sites!

1. Thoughts.com

A word from thoughts.com:

What makes thoughts.com different than other blog sites is the interaction that takes place in our community. When you sign up for a free blog and start posting, you will have an instant audience. At other sites you will need to understand internet marketing in order to get people to your blog to read what you have to say. At thoughts.com, your postings will be displayed through the site and the community can easily find them, creating interesting conversations on real issues.

2. Membot.com

Features include:

* yourowndomainname.com OR yourname.memebot.com
* weblogging with user comments
* photoblogging
* uploading files via ftp
* upload your own cgi programs
* quick-install wiki's
* dns management
* url redirection
* email forwarding
* inline macros and code using SMX

3. Sampa.com Love the look and feel of these blogs!

4. Blogstream.com Looks pretty cool!

5. Blog.com Simple to set-up!

6. Livejournal.com--One of the most well known of the blogging hosts. Offers multiple account types such as ad-supported and paid. The center of a few controversies recently.

7. Bravenet.com Totally FREE!

8. ClearBlogs.com - Free blog hosting and offers templates, friends only posts, IP-Banning and more

9. Squarespace.com - Lets you build your blog with numerous themes, also allows you to add other site features

10. Tumblr.com - A blog platform with a focus on allowing media-rich posts

11. Windows Live Spaces - Free blogging with your MSN account, only drawback is readers have to have an account also

12. Blogster.com - Offers free image hosting in addition to free blogs

13. Blog Ladder.com - All blog entries show up on the main ladder as well as inside your own blog

14. Freevlog - Designed for video blogging and completely free

15. Blogetery.com - Offers multiple templates, anti-spam, free sub-domain and more

16. GreatestJournal.com - Based on the same software as LiveJournal, offers free voice posts, 1GB of photo hosting, and space for up to 2,000 user icons

17. ShoutPost.com - A platform for creating blogs with a focus on generating traffic

18. BlogCharm.com - Blogcharm is really cool because you actually get paid to blog and I don't mean paid to post. It's a little different. Blogcharm shares it's advertising revenue with you. When you set up your blog, they'll be a thin bar at the top of your blog with an advertisement, nothing spammy, but everytime your blog is seen, you get a share of the pie. Go to Blogcharm for all the details!

These are just 18 blog sites for you to choose from! There's loads more. I'll be listing more soon, so check back.

As always, if you enjoyed your read, SUBSCRIBE TO THE FEED!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome post! Great job! Thanks for sharing these wonderful sites :)

Sandy said...

wow, thanks for all this info!

Amazon Quick Cash said...

Thanks ladies! Glad you enjoyed the post. Also check out the post below. Yes, I made two posts today, you might not have seen it, but you might want to sign up for the affiliate program!

Amazon Quick Cash said...

I'm sorry Sandy, I'm not sure if you are even a woman, as I addressed my last comment, "ladies." I can't really tell from your blog or digg, as you have no photos. Either way, thank you for your comment.

Sandy said...

Hi Amanda, that's funny, I didn't even think of that. Yes, I'm female......Sandy is short for Sandra. How do I become a fan of yours? I'm new at this!

Amazon Quick Cash said...

Hi Sandy, thanks for the clarification. Nice to meet you. It looks like you're already a fan of mine on Digg, not sure how it happened. I have to figure out to be a fan of yours. I'm kinda new myself. When I figure it out, I'll let ya know. Take care.

Esther Littlefield said...

Amanda,

Thanks for this post. Very informative. Also thanks for your post on my blog - I'm glad you enjoyed my post about money. : ) Would love to connect via email or phone - send me an email if you want at littlefield@wedeliverwellness.com.